Upgrading Pivotal Web Server
Important: If you are upgrading from VMware vFabric Web Server 5.3.x or earlier, complete the instructions in Migrating from VMware vFabric Web Server 5.x instead.
- Stop all running Web Server instances in the installation that you are upgrading.
- Move your Pivotal Web Server 5.4.x installation from its current location (typically
- Complete the installation instructions to deploy Pivotal Web Server to your preferred location (typically
/opt/pivotal/webserver). See Installing Pivotal Web Server.
Either copy or move the
/opt/pivotal/webserver/instance, including all file permissions and ownership.
- Copy the tree to minimize downtime of active instances.
- If you move the tree instead, stop and uninstall
/opt/pivotal/webserver.5.4/instanceprior to moving the directory tree, as documented in Step 7 below.
Change to the
httpdctlscript with new features plus the revised
pivotal httpd instanceservice names:
./newserver –server=instance –update
Update the module and path names and the authorization sections in the
instance/conf/httpd.conffile to match the 2.4 version. For guidance, see the Apache HTTP Server documentation.
Stop and uninstall the old instance if not performed before Step 3. above:
Install and start the service from the new path: